Images above of Madeline & Tyler by Wishful Thinking Photography and family picture by MBergincphotography.



Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Breakfast in Bed


I woke up this morning with a terrible headache, extremely exhausted, and feeling really BLAH, when the kids came in and surprised me with this!!  It was so cute, with the breakfast tray, that I didn't even remember we still owned (thought I had given it to Goodwill), and the added touches of flowers and a cute folded napkin (compliments of Maddie).  Wow!!

You know sometimes when you've just had a week, or in this case, a weekend, and just want to take a break somewhere and sleep for a very long time, just because, with no one around?  I know that sounds selfish, but we all need it at times!  Well how could I feel that way when my kids do this (while dad was at meetings at church)? 
All on their own - brown banana and all!

It was so sweet and reminded me that even though there may be hard days, or the kids might drive us "cah-razy" at times, they can do the sweetest things and really warm your heart! 

I'm so grateful for them and the things they teach me as a mother.

7 comments:

gina said...

That is so sweet of them - totally on their own. Hope you are feeling better and that you get the rest you need this week. I remember that breakfast tray from your newly married first apartment - (wedding gift?) Glad you kept it around for some good use.

gina said...

Did you ever get the chance to see Lost in Austin?? Let me know what you thought of it. :) Melissa's post about BBCs Emma reminded me of that -

gina said...

Can't believe I spelled it Austin! I hate it when people do that and now I did it! Austen Austen Austen.

Greg, Rebecca & Timothy Neslen said...

I love this story. What a special moment in time. My favorite memory of my brother was the Christmas break of my Freshman year at BYU and my brother made me oatmeal and juice and sat in my bedroom doorway until I woke up to bring it to me in bed. I will never forget it. I am sure, this will be a cherished memory for you. I hope you are feeling better!

Danielle @ Transforming Home said...

How sweet! I don't think I have had breakfast in bed for at least 5 years....
I will definitely do a post on the stair bannisters if I ever get the nerve to glaze them...

Danielle

Melissa said...

I love the brown banana! So cool they did that :) Your bed is beautiful by the way. . .love it and you :)

Valerie said...

So, so, so sweet! Your kids are amazing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin