
What is it about scales? I don't even own one. If I want to know I can use the one at Jeff's parents. Well, these are just my ramblings, but I've been going to the gym now consistently (4 days a week) for 6 weeks in a row, without missing!! That's huge for me, to stay consistent. I tried being consistent with it 3 years ago, but just kept missing for this and that, until I just wasn't going anymore. But now is my time -- I have the time because Maddie's preschool is right by the gym and I'd have to drive past it to go home, so I might as well go there. So to not start out with goals too lofty, I decided not to weigh myself in the beginning, (because I already know my starting point, thanks to Maddie not wanting to get on the scale at her well-check and the only way to determine her weight was to hold her on the scale and then subtract mine, how cruel!), but to watch the loss in inches. I've been good with that plan these past 6 weeks. Not checking the scale, but seeing things fit a little better. Well today, while waiting in between sets on the machines, there was the scale, right in front of me, so I thought, what the heck I'll see how things look (and no, I'm not going to share!) Well that was a mistake! That's why I don't like scales. I've been feeling so much better and stronger now and my clothes are looser, but to see no change on the scale, well that's discouraging! Anyway, I'm not going to check again for a long time. I'll just keep up with my consistency and good workouts and hopefully see more gradual changes as time goes by.
p.s. Did I mention I love Zumba? Well I know I have said plenty about it, but I do love it! Riva, our instructor added all new music and routines yesterday and I think my favorites are the charleston and merengue! It's so fun!
























1 comment:
Scales are the devil! #s are just #s. It is how you FEEL that counts. How your clothes feel. How awesome it feels to dance dance dance. To have time to do something great for yourself. Do it all for those reasons and forget about weight forever. That's my little philosophy - I'm trying to cement in myself - though with effort. :) That is awesome that you are so regular at going. I admire YOU so much.
Post a Comment