
I love Zumba! I've started going to the gym again finally and have been taking a Zumba class. Zumba is the most popular exercise class at the gym where Latin music pulses from the stereo as 40 women jump, shimmy and sway to the beat. It's getting fit while dancing which I love, especially Latin dancing that many of my native companions on my mission tried to teach me!

What is Zumba?? It's a fitness program inspired by Latin music and dance moves such as the Cha-Cha, Merengue, Salsa, Mambo, Flamenco, etc. I was looking it up on the website and read that "Zumba Fitness was created in the mid-90’s by Colombian native Alberto “Beto” Perez, a celebrity fitness trainer and choreographer for International pop superstars. Inspired by the traditional cumbia, salsa, samba and merengue music he grew up with, Beto paired his favorite pulsating Latin rhythms with the red-hot international dance steps his clients loved and Zumba Fitness (Spanish slang for “to move fast and have fun”) was born! I've added some pictures that I liked from the website. (Note: these pictures are not of me or from our gym!):

Now Zumba has turned exercise into a party! It’s a good stress reliever. You can be having the worst day ... and after you’ve done an hour of Zumba you just feel great!


Don't take me wrong, it's not easy, especially for me! I am literally dripping when I walk out of there to go pick up Maddie from preschool. They probally think I've been in a sauna or something! But it's a great workout. They say:
WITH THIS WORKOUT, YOU WILL...
*Get energized
*Melt, "shimmy" the pounds away
*Burn 300-800 calories per class
*Learn Latin dance moves
*Melt, "shimmy" the pounds away
*Burn 300-800 calories per class
*Learn Latin dance moves
*Build confidence
*Get results
*Improve your body with movement (mentally & physically)
*Dance your stress away
*Get results
*Improve your body with movement (mentally & physically)
*Dance your stress away
*Spice up your body
So...It's MY time NOW!
If you haven't tried it, it's FUN!
























4 comments:
Well now I'm feeling guilty for not going today. Oops. :)
Well, actually, I didn't go today either because I'm going out of town tonight. But I went on Tuesday! Have a great birthday!
It is fun! I've been taking a class at the YMCA.
That class sounds awesome. If I were there I'd love to go with you. I could use it. STRESS!!
Where are you going out of town? I miss you much.
Post a Comment