Images above of Madeline & Tyler by Wishful Thinking Photography and family picture by MBergincphotography.



Monday, May 24, 2010

Simple Joys

[I started composing this last Thursday afternoon, but then had to stop and really focus on what needed to be done, so I'm leaving it as if I did post it last week.]

Things have slowed down a bit this week, so I was able to grab the camera and be spontaneous and capture a few moments.  (Actually when I say slowed down, I do have something big I should be doing, but I'm procrastinating.  Decluttering the house and cleaning like mad to prepare for bookclub tomorrow night is not my first choice right now.  Sometimes the adrenaline at the last minute is just what I need to get in gear!)

Just a few random pics of simple joys from the past month...

Pure joy on the swing!

Posing on the swing...

Being a monkey...

Smelling the beautiful pink azaleas in the yard...

Another eye in the window shot...

Singing to "Barbie & The Diamond Castle" in the car...

Playing kitchen in the toy room...
(Jeff says her kitchen looks like ours... sadly at times it does:(

Reading and playing school...


(one of these days I will get my coffee table back!)
It is so cute how she spreads out everything from school on the coffee table, tapes the calendar to my lantern, rings her little bell, and pretends she is Mrs. Collins with all her stuffed animals and dolls.

The joy of new sparkly polish!!... 


Posing for a few shots so mom can experiment, and take advantage of the light -- not quite as joyous, but a willing participant with the promise of a fun trip to Target!  (Now that brings anyone joy!)

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Your pictures are amazing! I am so impressed and just love seeing them.

Melissa said...

I LOVE spontaneous pics! Maddie looks so fun to hang out with right now :) Love her climbing :)

gina said...

Oh what power you possess ... the promise of a trip to Target!! That could probably inspire a girl no matter what her age!

Such beautiful, colorful pictures! Get ready to be busy photographing my children this summer at the family reunion. I need your perfect touch and artist's eye.

Greg, Rebecca & Timothy Neslen said...

Such great bright colors. It just says Happiness all around!!!

Tiffany said...

Your pix just radiate!! You have such a gift....and a beautiful subject!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin