Images above of Madeline & Tyler by Wishful Thinking Photography and family picture by MBergincphotography.



Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Where We Live

Today I went for a walk and this is the view I had.



This morning my friend Jen called and said, "Are you ready to go for a walk?", and I said, "No, I don't really want to go today".  (Too tired -- you know the late hours I keep!)  Well she didn't give me a chance to back out and said, "I'll be over in 5 minutes!".  So we went, and I'm so glad we did!  Such gorgeous blue skies today!



I've been taking a lot of pictures lately of just everyday moments.  (Haven't posted very many yet, but I'm working on it:) I wanted to capture some shots of the beautiful lake in our town.  We live about a mile up the hill from the lake, but to get anywhere in town, you have to drive by the lake.  I purposely try and take the roads with a nice view.  It helps to have something beautiful to look at when you're doing mundane things like errands and grocery shopping. 


Of course this picture makes me wish we lived ON the lake in one of these pretty houses, to have such a view -- but I try and not covet that!


While walking this morning with the beautiful view of the mountains, I thought of a familiar phrase from one of the primary children's songs:

"I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world -- Heavenly Father created for me".

I'm so grateful for the gorgeous blue skies we've been having and the beauty all around us.  Winter here in the Northwest can be dark and rainy, but with a day, (actually a week) like this, it's so rejuvenating!


(If any of my friends who also live in this town are wondering, not all these shots are from my walk.  I couldn't possibly walk to all these locations!  But I did drive around later and take more pics!)

What are your favorite scenes from where you live?

7 comments:

Heidi said...

Gorgeous pictures! Makes me want to run down to the lake and snap some myself :).

Melissa said...

What a beautiful post!! Isn't it amazing how any area that lives by water seems the most beautiful!!? You walk in COLD weather. . .can't believe how different than here. We drive over a causeway of 2 rivers everyday and I still get excited and in awe for how amazing it is. I miss the mountains so much. Thanks for sharing. . .you really are a great photographer!

Jon & Becky Dahl Family said...

I like the thought of appreciating the views of where you live. I actually enjoy the views where I live too but they are so different. I'll try and post a few on our home blog. Keep giving more ideas I like them. You are a great photographer!

gina said...

I love these pictures - it is why my next home will need to be near you. Wouldn't it be so fun to go walking together? Makes me miss you extra. I wish our January looked like that.

Greg, Rebecca & Timothy Neslen said...

Heidi,
These pictures are gorgeous. It looked like a perfect day to go walking!!! I love how clear the skies are and you can see the mountains so clearly. Wow it is a beautiful world!

Valerie said...

This post reminds me of what I think of when I think of the different places we have lived. Each place has its own set of breath-taking moments and places. I can think of a particular favorite from each place I've lived. Aren't we lucky to have beauty all around us?

Patti said...

I love these pictures of Lake Stevens. The view on the way to everywhere really makes a huge difference in the experience, I agree. We will miss that a lot.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin