One of the many things I obsess about and absolutely would love to spend all my time doing is decorating my home. Well it hasn't helped that I recently came across home decor/DIY blogs. I love getting new ideas of how to decorate and improve our home and could spend hours reading all these blogs. But there are a few that have become my favorites. Not because all the rooms portrayed are picture perfect like a magazine cover, but because they are real, decorated with things they love, but with family in mind. Here's a few that I frequent:

(She has beautiful style, but keeps it real with all her boys!)
Another one I enjoy is:
http://thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com/
(Such great, can-do ideas, and I love her kitchen!)
This one is based on the address of the home where George and Mary lived in "It's a Wonderful Life". Remember Mary secretly makes a wish that they will get married and live in that house one day? Then boy did they make that old house their home! I love that. It's a fun blog!

Well, I thought I'd add some shots of what I've done to add fall decor around the house. I'm gradually getting into the "spooky" items a little more for the kids sake, but really prefer just the fall decorations. Posting these also helps me as a reference for next year, because I never remember what I did the year before!
Starting at the front door...
Into the family room...
The fireplace mantel...
Oh, there's Maddie watching t.v. on the couch, while mom is taking pics!
The coffee tablescape...
The kitchen... and finally ...
The dining room hutch.
Haven't done much, but just little bits of fall color here and there!
Maybe next year, I'll do more spooky stuff for the kids, and really get creative and crafty!
(I just realized I have 4 signs that say "Boo!" -- how funny!)































6 comments:
I think you are SUCH a good decorator. In fact, I think you need to come help me with my house!!
Move over Martha Stewart!!
I especially love that little girl in your beautiful house! In fact, I am loving all these posts and the gorgeous pictures! What a fun fall you have had! So, do you love this season? And the cool pictures and colors? You have a talent for decorating and picture-taking.
I love your home - & you do Fall with such flair. So warm and cozy. I love the bowl of mini pumpkins and always love your stacks of plates.
Keep posting your fun sites you frequent - it is always fun to see what you like and to discover cool new things. Thanks for sharing!!
Maddie looks so sweet & happy. I miss her.
Wow!! I LOVE what you've done with your house!
Wow Heidi! Very nice... wanna come decorate mine now??? =)
Post a Comment