Images above of Madeline & Tyler by Wishful Thinking Photography and family picture by MBergincphotography.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Blogsomnia
Blogsomnia, that's what my sister called it. Defined as: "the posting of thoughts on the internet whilst one is unable to sleep". Bloggy leads to soggy. That's how I feel. Do you ever lay awake at night thinking of so many things you want to say or write in your blog, and then can't fall asleep? Maybe it would be good to have a laptop on my bedstand so I could type them down when I think of them. Well today, my brain feels like mush, I'm so tired. I'm struggling with writing in my blog -- some of you might have noticed I don't write much, I like to share pictures with few words. Maybe it's because I know others will be reading it and I hold back a bit. But this whole blogging thing has been really great for me (if I can keep it in balance), because I haven't been good at writing in my journal since my mission, and I definitely don't scrapbook. I usually send the pictures to Costco and then they sit. This way, I'm doing something with them and keeping an account of the things we do as a family and how it influences us. So with a lot on my mind this week of the past family reunion experiences we've just had, I've decided to do what the song says and "Say what you need to say". Even though it might be boring to some and only mean something to us, that's okay. Wow, that feels good, I've never just vented like that on my blog yet!
I like that phrase Blogsomnia. I feel like my mind is always thinking of the next thing I could write about. But I agree, it's good for me too. I've never been so good at capturing the little moments as I am now that I blog!
Heidi, I was so happy to hear from you and to be able to read your blog and see your cute family. It has been so long since we have seen you all! I am so glad for blogging so that I can catch up with everyone and feel more apart of each others lives. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to pictures from your Neslen reunion!
I get so many ideas (usually at around 3 am) that I end up not posting anything but what is obviously needed because that's what I've got pictures of! I love your blog.
We are the LaPerle family. Jeff and I were married in 1994 and have two wonderful children, Tyler(14) and Madeline(7) both our little miracles. This blog is an account of life as we live it, enjoying every wonderful moment along the way and learning from those moments that are not so wonderful. Hope you will enjoy the journey, sometimes amusing and crazy, with us!
"...Cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever." - Alma 37:36
"Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile" -- Unknown
"It's okay, so nice, just another day in paradise. There's no place I'd rather be. Two hearts, one dream, wouldn't trade it for anything, and I ask the Lord, every night, for just another day in paradise." -- Phil Vassar
Maddie - "Mom, what are you doing? Oh, who's blog are you looking at now??!!" (Oh dear, what does that say about me?) Maddie - "Mom, I can't wear these ... they're not pink!"
Maddie - "Rain, rain, go away. You WON'T come again another day!" Mom - (On a school night) "Tyler, turn it off, it's 9:30 and past your bedtime!" Tyler - "But mom, the Wii says it's 8:30!" Mom - "Well the Wii doesn't know about daylight savings!"
7 comments:
I like that phrase Blogsomnia. I feel like my mind is always thinking of the next thing I could write about. But I agree, it's good for me too. I've never been so good at capturing the little moments as I am now that I blog!
Heidi,
I was so happy to hear from you and to be able to read your blog and see your cute family. It has been so long since we have seen you all! I am so glad for blogging so that I can catch up with everyone and feel more apart of each others lives. Thanks for sharing and I look forward to pictures from your Neslen reunion!
Lauren
Ha!! I've had too many nights like that! I just have to come down, whatever time of night and just do the post.
All I have to say is DON"T HOLD BACK!!!! We like to hear all the goods that are going on!!
Yep, lay it all out on the line in blog-land! Bring it on girlie!
I get so many ideas (usually at around 3 am) that I end up not posting anything but what is obviously needed because that's what I've got pictures of! I love your blog.
blog-on sister! glad you like my word! luv gina
Post a Comment