
Here we are at one of the beautiful rugged beaches near Sequim which is on the coast of the Strait of Juan de Fuca.
As we were driving away from the Dungeness Spit area, all of sudden there were deer -- a doe and her 2 fawns right in someone's yard! We then saw another family later that day and then more the next day right off the road by our car! It's so fun to see deer so close like that!


The views of all the beaches and scenery we saw were gorgeous. This view reminds me of the Oregon coastline.

We saw so many places over the weekend that it's hard to name them all and we don't even have pictures of all of them. One of my other favorites was Lake Crescent. There are so many beautiful trails and hikes to see waterfalls and such. After all the sightseeing, we drove to Port Angeles, per recommendation from the locals, to find a restaurant that served fresh Dungeness crab and seafood. We stopped in a restaurant named "Bella Italia" (does that name mean anything to anyone??) and naively asked for a table for two. The hostess asked if we had a reservation and of course we didn't think we needed one. She said without one the wait would be about an hour. So we decided to go somewhere else, but on the way out I saw a copy of "Twilight" highlighted on the hostess' table. Maybe one of you can fill me in on the correlation between this restaurant and the book, since it's been awhile since I read it. I defintely could picture the places where "Bella" got lost in Port Angeles, there are a few rough places downtown by the water. Well, we didn't get to eat there, but one of the waiters followed us outside and highly recommend that we go to a place back in Sequim that served delicious crab and seafood, northern Italian style. He said he knew the cook and highly recommend it, so we drove the 20 minutes back, and it definitely was worth it! I can still taste the crab cakes, and Jeff's halibut with couscous, morelle mushrooms and sweet corn. Yum! Crab cakes are a must when you are in the Dungeness valley area.
Well, all in all, this was a great trip, and we wish we had more time to see everything. We're so lucky to have all this beauty to experience only an hour or two away. I can't wait to go there with my family again in July!

























3 comments:
That sounds like a fun place -- although I want even MORE details. I'll have to remember it when I'm planning mine and Derek's next getaway!
Thanks for the invite to your blog! I assume you've probably already visited ours, but it's www.themangfamily.blogspot.com.
We love Sequim. My Grandma lives there, so we've taken many trips there and to the spit over the years. The Olympic Game Farm is a must with the kids for your family reunion.
Good for you guys for getting away for your anniversary, looks like it was a great time.
Can I be jealous? I'm sad we didn't visit places like that before we moved, but I guess it gives us even more of a reason to come back!
Post a Comment